Monday, July 30, 2007

New Journey

Today marks a new journey in my blog world. My goal is to share my crazy life with you. I hope to look back one day and laugh at all the craziness and share this journal of life with my children so they can laugh and remember their childhood. Without further ado, so it begins.

Saturday was cleaning day in Southernbelle's house. The last time the house was cleaned was a month ago (yes I said a month ago) and it was cleaned by my mother! Thank goodness for mother's. They are always there when you need them. I decided to start cleaning in the girls closets. It is back to school shopping time and I have no idea what they have or need. Recently it seems as though clothes seem to be disappearing. Drama Queen's (my oldest daughter) closet was not that bad. That is amazing in itself. I then moved on to Hurricane A's (my youngest daughter) closet. Oh my goodness. Now I know why she has been getting her room picked up so fast. Her interpretation of picking up her room is obviously to gather everything up and throw it the closet. This is what I found in the bottom of her closet:

  • Dirty clothes
  • Clean clothes
  • Dirty underwear (eewwww)
  • Toys
  • Videos without the case
  • Odds and ends to who knows what

Now I know where all her new clothes were and the new underwear that I only remember seeing once! It seems they were growing gross things in the closet. I don't think Hurricane A needs any more clothes. She has enough to dress for nearly 2 weeks without repeat.

Next on to the playroom closet. This one was so bad that it took our entire family of 4 to complete it. In here we found:

  • More dirty clothes
  • Mismatched socks
  • Ponytail holders that also seem to magically disappear
  • Game pieces
  • Polly Pocket dolls and itty bitty accessories
  • Bratz dolls
  • Barbie dolls

During this time together we had glorious fun of laughing and fighting. HA! Anyway, at one point you could hear this conversation between SoGent (husband) and myself.

SoGent: Are we done yet?

Me: I wish. This clutter seems to be growing.

SoGent: I really hate spending my weekends cleaning up the house. (editors note: PUHLEEEZ!)

Me: Tell me about it. By the time I get home from work the last thing I want to do is clean and I want to spend my weekends doing fun things.

SoGent: Would your mother really like to clean our house?

Me: Yes! She loves (exaggeration) to clean. She also would love the extra spending money since she retired.

SoGent: Well, let me think about it.

Doesn't he know better than to dangle such a thing in front of me? I will go after that like a dog to a t-bone?

No comments: