Friday, December 21, 2007

Growing Up

The other night Drama Queen and I were finishing up wrapping some Christmas gifts. She looked at me all sheepishly and said "I need to tell you something." I asked her if she found my hiding spot for gifts or something. She told me no but she was afraid to tell me what it was because she thought I would get mad. After gentle prodding she finally leaned over to me and said "Momma, I know that you and Dad are Santa." I just looked at her, all the time thinking that I thought she had figured that out a long time ago, and said "What makes you think that?" She said " Well, like duh Mom, everyone knows! People at school are talking about it all the time. I have known it for awhile but didn't want to tell you."

Well, I'm glad it lasted this long. She is in 7th grade for pete's sake. I thought she knew since 4th grade because we had a discussion about it then but I had told her then that if she didn't believe then she wouldn't receive. I guess it worked!

No comments: