Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!




I'm back again. I posted here on this blog about a year and a half ago. I then moved to Wordpress because I had heard several others using it with good results. Me...not so much. I did not like the fact that I was very limited in the page design. I plan to load some pictures and get this design to reflect a little more of my life.

This title also has another meaning. I am going to try hard to post on a regular basis. It probably will not be daily but hopefully enough to keep readers. I know I need to alert everyone who read my last blog that I have changed sites. I also am going to try and just write about what is happening in my life and not try to write like an expert, because I am not an expert. This is a amateur writer so therefore an amateur blog.

Now, for what is going on. Today is a little bittersweet. My sister and brother-in-law are grieving as Mr. Hallum was taken off life support yesterday afternoon after a week long recovery period from a stomach aneurysm surgery. He did not do very well and basically was not able to get off the respirator. He passed away about 3:30 this morning. He was not in the best of health anyway and everyone knew the chances of his surviving this surgery were not the best. My sister is pregnant and due with her third child in April. It is sad to think Pop will not get to meet his new grandson.

As far as my immediate family, not much going on. Drama Queen is in 8th grade and will be going to high school next year. They have recently had meeting at school with their counselor to discuss routes they may want to take out of college. That will help them determine a direction to go in in high school as well. She is thinking she might like to go into Real Estate. I would like to do that one day before I retire. Maybe we can make a mother daughter team. That would be fun.




Hurricane A is in 4th grade and doing pretty well. I can't believe next year is her last year in elementary school. My babies are growing up.



For now, I guess that is all I have to report.

No comments: