Friday, January 30, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Yesterday we went to the funeral of Pop who is my sister's father-in-law. He was a real sweet, christian man, He has had a weak heart for several years now but actually had emergency surgery for a stomach aneurysm and never recovered from that. The family decided to take him off life support when they realized they were unable to take him off and have him breathe on his own. It had been his wish to not be kept alive by machines. Regardless of that, it is very hard to make the decision to do so. Gran said that she would feel like she was murdering him. I can certainly see her point because you are basically taking away the air that is keeping him alive. I know it would be extremely hard to have to make that decision. The funeral service was very nice. Dr. Ken Story did the service who was long time pastor at Germantown Baptist. It was good to hear him preach again. After the service we went to Germantown Baptist where Gran and Pop's Sunday School had all brought food for the family and friends. There was enough food to feed an army. You know Baptists and their food!

After we left there I went home to walk all that good food off on the treadmill. I seem to be doing pretty good on the diet that I don't want to call a diet. I have just lost about 4 lbs. but it is enough that I can tell it in my pants. That is what matters the most because most of my pants had gotten real snug not mentioning the unbuttoning that was going on after eating!

Last night me and the girls crawled in our bed and watched American Idol. It was the last night of auditions and Hollywood week begins next week. This is when it starts to get good. I get kind of tired of the auditions of people who obviously can't sing yet come anyway. I think they just want their moment in the limelight.

I am looking forward to this weekend when we are supposed to have warmer weather although it will be short-lived. They are prediciting snow again on Monday night. Ugghh! Bring on the spring weather!!

No comments: