Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Memory is Failing and it Won't Come Back

Okay I am curious about something. How many people have actually gotten to the point in your house where you are completely out of toilet paper or your wash is so backed up that you have no towels and washcloths to take a shower with? Be honest, has it happened to you? It happens to me more times than I care to admit. This past weekend it happened again. What made this past weekend so special you ask? Well Drama Queen had a friend sleeping over. Yep I had to succumb some other poor child to my poor house upkeep. Saturday night when the friend was sleeping over, we had gone to the Grizzlies game. I got a call on my cell from Drama Queen and she told me that we were almost out of toilet paper. We had about a quarter of a roll left. I told them I was sorry and to use it very sparingly, only one sheet per person! If that ran out they could use the paper towels from the kitchen. Whew, won't that feel good? Yes, I knew we were almost out but come on, you don't expect me to make a trip to the grocery store before the weekend do you? When I got home Drama Queen had resorted to her own measures. She found a pack of pocket tissue to use.

The next morning before church we were taking showers. Yep you guessed it, I needed to wash clothes. I had to give the poor girl a beach towel and a very holey washcloth. To my poor children, "Use your hands!

At breakfast I ask the girls what they would like to eat. Now on Sunday mornings, to be honest with you we usually do not eat breakfast because we do good to get out the door on time and then are usually still five minutes late. They first say that they would like some cereal, then I remember that on Wednesday when the girls were home by themselves they left the milk out on the counter all day instead of putting it back up. Cereal was out, waffles were the next choice but we did not have enough time for that. I did have everything for that though! Finally I told them they could have 1 slice each of Banana Walnut bread that I had bought for our Sunday School Class. It was our week to contribute to the birthday breakfast. So, they had 1 little slice each. Drama Queen told me that everyone could hear their stomach's growling all during church. I said that made for good entertainment!

So, what are the chances that this girl's mother will let her sleep over again?

No comments: