Thursday, February 12, 2009

Teachers and Doors can break my nose?

Last week I got one of those phone calls that as a parent you hate to receive. The dreaded, "there's been an accident". My heart drops when I hear those words from an assistant at the elementary school. Then she goes on to tell me that Hurricane A was hit in the nose by the Art teacher. Apparently Hurricane A's teacher had lost her spelling test and so she was out in the hall taking it again. She needed to go to the bathroom so as she walked by the Art teacher's room she was obviously walking to close to the door and when the teacher opened it to let her class out she hit Hurricane A in the nose. My sister is a teacher in that school and told me later that the Art teacher said she could hear it crack and just knew the nose was broken. Also the teacher was so upset that this happened that she had to leave and go home early. The office assistant that called me said that the nose was very bruised right away and was swollen. They put some ice on it and had her wait in the office for me to arrive. When I got there the swelling had already gone down and I did not see much bruising. It appeared that the ice had helped quite a bit. I looked at it and decided not to take her to the doctor since it looked a lot better than they had originally described to me. The next morning my sister called me before school started because the teachers were having a faculty meeting and the Art teacher was so concerned that the nose was broken. She was surprised that I had not taken her to the doctor because she "heard it crack!" Saturday when we were at the pediatrician's office for Bronchitis I had him look at her nose and he said at first glance it appeared to be fine but to bring her in again once all the swelling was down. It looks to me like it is just ever so crooked at the very end of her nose but I could be wrong. Dr. said it looked straight to him. So, I guess we will see.

Yesterday was one of those marathon days where you leave the house in the morning and don't come home until almost bedtime. After work I went to Wal-mart to buy valentines for Hurricane A to take to school Friday and also some for the kids. After that I went to church to eat and then to Drama. We are trying to work out all the details for our Dessert Theater coming up the first of March. We are doing Hee Haw. I am in charge of finding jokes to be used in the cornfield scenes. I have found some pretty funny ones. I am going to be in the Gloom, Despair and Agony on Me scene. I think it will be funny. I can't sing worth a flip but think about it, neither could those guys! So, I ought to be perfect.

After Drama I had a Personnel meeting to discuss some insurance changes. Nothing exciting there, actually pretty boring.

Today I met my mother for a quick lunch at Chick-fil-a. When you only get 30 minutes you have to throw your lunch down which is not a problem for me but for my mother who is a slow eater, it was hard to do. My mother is going to be helping my sister for a couple of days this weekend to get things finished up and ready for the new baby to arrive in April. With the recent passing of her father-in-law and all of the things they are having to do to help her, they have gotten behind on some things. I might try and help them out. They are literally moving all the kids around to different rooms and losing their playroom. She needs to get this done before she just doesn't have the energy to do it.

Bebe is on the way!

No comments: