Monday, February 2, 2009

Wherefore art thou Spring?

This weekend was so nice. It was a little windy but otherwise it was beautiful. The sun was out and the temperature was in the 50 and 60's. Yesterday I even went for a walk around the neighborhood with my neighbor. It was nice to be able to get out and exercise and enjoy the sunshine. I am so ready for spring and yet Punxsutawney Phil did not have the same feelings. He says six more weeks of winter! I say Phooey!

Saturday night we went to the movies with our friends and their kids. We went to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. It was cute and funny. It was the corny, silly kind of funny. I really like Kevin James anyway so I laughed a lot. What I thought was strange was the fact that Kevin James' character, Paul Blart was really a lot like his character on King of Queens. I thought you usually tried to play different kinds of characters so as not to be typecast. Anyway it was a good movie and you should go see it.

The girls and I went shopping on Saturday for my niece's birthday. She will be 11 this Saturday. She had picked several things out at Justice so that makes it easy to shop. We also went to the library so Hurricane A could a biography book on Laura Bush. She is doing a book report on her which is due February 12. After getting the errands out of the way Steve and I went to dinner with our neighbors before going to the Grizzlies game. I had given Steve tickets to the Laker's game for Christmas. We ate on Beale Street at a place called Miss Polly's. It was very good. They are known for their Southern Fried Chicken. They served chicken with waffles. Now, this is the first time I have heard of this but apparently other people have had this before. I was a rebel and had their catfish sandwich. It was very good. We were full when we were done so we decided we would go back another time just for dessert which was skillet fried pies! YUM! From their we went to the Grizzlies game where they again lost their 10 point lead in the 2nd half and lost the game. Merry Christmas Steve!

Steve is feeling kind of puny. Yesterday he felt achy and tired all day with a low grade temp. During the night he felt just clammy and then sweaty. He went to work today but who knows what the day will bring. Now if we can just keep the rest of us germ free.

No comments: